Monday, January 19, 2009

Oyster Reef


Doug and his partner, Irv have been working on a new service for their business where they establish or re-establish oyster reefs in front of people's (waterfront!)homes. They experimented in front of the cottage and the results were amazing! The area above that is on the left and looks green is actually all oysters under seaweed. I remember not too long ago when it was nothing but mud. And old broken glass bottles. Incredible!



Here's what the oysters look like up close.



Oyster farmers in training.



What little girl smiles while holding seaweed??? Mine does!


Oh good...we can finally start making our own sushi.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve and Amanda said...

I LOVE that Ellie loves everything disgusting!!! Thanks for the shoutout on the blog. Now that you have posted a picture of me on your blog that gives me free range to post one of you on mine!!! Don't get too worried though because I STILL have not downloaded my pictures to the computer (I don't even know how many I took!)

grandmom k said...

Amazing !!!
It does not seem that long ago that I was there and to think that growth can happen so quickly.
What a great idea ...
Of course, the mini models sell the concept ...
so cute! xoxox

Tracey said...

That is amazing!! I would love to come see that!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.