Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Is this the little girl I carried, is this the little girl at play.....I don't remember growing older, when did they??? Yeah, that's enough Fiddler on the Roof for one night!

Ellie started kindergarten on Tuesday and could not get there fast enough. She sprang out of bed, got dressed, voluntarily hugged her brother (Hudson) and was waiting at the door with her backpack before I could even brush my teeth or get dressed. Couldn't help her with her outfit, couldn't help her with her hair. She had "done it all," she told me. I had to explain that we had a little while before school started...and explain ten minutes later that we still had time...and explain again every five minutes after that. We got to school, she saw her teacher, gave me a hug and was off. I was so proud of my girl.

She told Hudson yesterday that one day, he would go to kindergarten and that every day would be more fun than the day before. Let's hope that holds true! She is growing up so fast and I feel like I can't catch up with her long enough to teach her and show her everything that she needs to see and know. Hopefully she'll let me hang on for the ride, at least for a few more years:)

Our first annual "First Day of School" family picture by the back door. Classic. Yes, that is a giant spider web in the back corner, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I need those photos please!!!
When did My little Girl grow up?
YOu are doing such a great job ...
it is worth it, really !!!
Love you Forever ... xoxox