Wednesday, March 11, 2009

February into March.....A Retrospective

Isn't that a fancy way for saying "I've been a slacker and haven't posted anything new in quite awhile?" Here goes....


Our friend David Bonds invited us to his Naval re-enlistment ceremony down in Yorktown. I sure felt fortunate to be able to witness it and I'm so thankful to men like him who put their lives on the line for all of us. Not to mention his wife and family who make monumental sacrifices of their own for our freedoms.








This is a bubba in training if I EVER saw one!
He is wearing is "Troy Boyton" shirt a la High School Musical.


Our annual Virginia snowstorm. It only snows for a day, although this year the snow actually stuck around for a few days, which is unusual.
This is Stosh, our neighbor from down the road. He couldn't wait for the snowplows so he plowed the road himself! Yep, that's our post office in the back. Cute, huh?

Walnut trees in the back yard








PTA Snow Boogie at Ellie's school
Trouble. Definite trouble.


Ellie (in tie-dye) and her crew

First lost tooth!


My mom. She'll kill me for posting this, but I love this picture.
I have the best Mom in the world.

Ellie eating seaweed down at the cottage. Again.


Huddy assuming his usual position. Pouncing.


My little wonderboy.

Ellie and Connor, jellyfish wrangling.


Beautiful day down at the cottage.

2 comments:

grandmom k said...

Oh yes, your Momma is going to exact retribution for that photo post especially when you did not include even one of YOU! As usual LOVE my grands pics... the
bubba, toothless beauty and wonder boy ... plus oyster big boy, are dearly missed.... as are you ~ xoxox

Anonymous said...

karen-
Love all the pictures... especially the one of grandma... love those wellies.. So jealous that my fam gets to come visit soon... no fair... wish i could come see you and your cute fam... even if they do eat seaweed :)
love you!