Thursday, December 14, 2006

My First School Party...

As a "parent helper" that is. I use that term VERY loosely, since Hudson was with me. I spent more time keeping him from swallowing legos than I did helping the preschoolers, but oh well. I just kept looking at Ellie and thinking, "When did she turn into a little girl???" I feel like it wasn't very long ago that I was the one gluing glitter onto ornaments and pretending to be a reindeer.... Luckily, no kids got sick from my rice krispy treats shaped like gingerbread men, and all the other moms were impressed with my collection of decorations for the gingerbread/rice krispy men, so I'll call the day a success. I'm just wondering...does the weirdness ever go away? I feel like an impostor when I take Ellie to school, like someone is going to grab me by the arm and say, "You're supposed to be in class down the hall, young lady!" Sounds like I have some unresolved schooling issues I need to clear up! Anyway, it was great to see the kids in all their holiday glory. Unfortunately, I have no pictures to share of the party, only a couple of Huddy being his usual charming self earlier this morning, as well as Ellie the fashionista in her Christmas Light Hanging Outfit.

No comments: