Friday, July 11, 2008

The Party Train


The time has come...much to my chagrin and dismay...to potty train Hudson. I'll admit I haven't pursued it with the same enthusiasm and consistency that I did with Ellie. I've definitely let him take his own sweet time deciding that's something he wants to do. He's been anti-potty for a week or so, until today when he pulled out his Lightning McQueen underpants and wanted to wear them...on his behind instead of his head. Great! We put them on and not ten minutes go by before he's standing in a puddle in his bedroom. I've never been so glad not to have carpenting in there. On goes a pull-up and Hudson climbs up into my lap where he proceeds to tell me, "Mom, I'm not getting on the potty train."

Ok, buddy. Whatever you say.

1 comment:

Family Kennison Hochman said...

your blog post came up because we have a program that searches the phrase "potty train." but couldn't resist telling you about our book, which is called...The Potty Train. Sounds like he would get a kick out of it. http://tinyurl.com/67vjjx